Friday, July 29, 2011

So I feel that I have neglected my blog and I guess I have, however, I have yet to neglect my wifely duties! Soooo, I wont bore you with all of it, so here are the breifs:

I had my first experience with Baked Spaghetti! Zach loves spaghetti and he had baked spaghetti at my family renunion a few weeks ago, made by Mrs. Grovene! Anyway I followed my own recipe and I'm pretty sure I will never be able to make it like that again! BUT...talk about leftovers, we ate them the whole week!

Salmon...I cooked it in my TownCraft electric skillet! I came very close to burning dinner that night! The fillets turned out pretty good...it was a learning experience. My first try at the electric skillet!

I also made one of my favorites! Spicy Black Beans & Rice! I added chicken to my recipe for Zach, but I prefer without! I think this is a recipe worth sharing.
This is what I did:

1/2 Onion ( I usually use a Vidalia but I used a red onion this time it was good but vidalia is best & I use the whole onion)
2T Olive Oil
2T Minced Garlic

Heat oil, add garlic & onion. Cook until tender. Then add:

1can Black Beans (washed & drained)
1can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 bottle of salsa
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I usually keep adding until I can smell it!)

Heat to boiling, stir, reduce heat then simmer without lid for 15 minutes.
Serve over rice. Top w/ light sour cream &/ light cheese.
I doubled the recipe for us and he had two days of lunch & I had one!

For chicken Tyson Pre-Cooked Grilled Chicken strips. Warmed in pan with EVOO and served them on top!


This week I have been doing a choreography for Piedmont Middle School's 6th grade cheerleading squad. Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 5:30-8:30 then a 45 minute drive home! Zach & I haven't had much time together this week & we haven't had time for running either! However, I believe he has agreed to do a 5K with me in September! I'm so proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up. Ready to run! Hey Garrett is playing football for the 7th grade Piedmont team

    ReplyDelete