Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Breakfast for Zach is always fairly easy. The boy LOVES livermush (yuck!). I don't even have to pan fry it, he just likes it warmed up in the microwave (ewww). So Tuesday morning he had to be at work at 7. Once the temperature reaches 100, he works from 7 until 3:30. I could have slept in a whole hour and 20 minutes but because I didn't know if Zach would be around for dinner I got up and made him scrambled eggs and livermush! Tuesday night when I got home the power was out and didn't come one until 7:30 or so and Zach was out on calls for the majority of the night so its a good thing I made breakfast!

Last night I was bored, hungry and single I decided to go for a run...

I put on my workout clothes walked outside, turned around and walked right back inside and sat on the couch! The heat was so terrible I couldn't go at that time I waited until just before dark to begin my run.

Since I graduated high school I have "had" to run.  It was part of my training for cheerleading. I was a cheerleader at Appalachian State (best school eva'!) and we had to run a timed mile every once in a while my freshman year. My Sophomore year we got a new cheer coach and we had to run a mile everyday before practice and then we had to run it in under 7 minutes every once in a while. My Junior year...we just had to run, all the time, I really think our coach hated us! Haha. A few of my girls on the team really enjoyed running so I ran with them outside of practice 2 to 3 miles. They ran faster than I enjoyed so I found a new buddy and began running with her. Soon I fell in love with it. It became a peaceful time for me. A time to reflect and listen to music. My new running buddy and I had a dream to start running races. We wanted to do the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston first then proceed to bigger/longer runs. So we began to train. The summer before my senior year of college I was running all the time. I could run 6 miles with no problem. Im sure this isn't that big of a deal to most people but I used to hate running and up until that summer had only ran 3 miles at the most.  This was huge for me! When I went back to school in the fall I began my weight training for cheerleading. My trainers saw some potential in me to do some serious weight lifting, however, I would have to give up distance running...so I did. I would run sprints but thats it, no more miles.

Since the beginning of my senior year I might have ran more than 1.5 miles about 4 times. It really makes me sad to think that I had trained my body to do something so incredible and then let it go. I do not in anyway regret my strength training because my body was doing pretty incredible things then too! I just hate that I stayed away from running so long. I want it back I want to run mile after mile, again!

Zach and I have a pretty long driveway so last night just before sun down I stood at the top of my driveway and began to run! I ran the driveway until it got dark and I got scared :) it felt pretty good, like something I could do again. I keep daydreaming that while Im running I'll get the "Forest Gump" syndrome and just keep running! Haha. I didn't go very far last night (.9miles) but I have to start somewhere.  Running is a mind game...I have to tell myself "mind over matter" The human body is capable of doing a lot more than we let it!

New Goal: I'm going to try to get my body to like running again!

Tonight is church night! So I wont be able to run until after. I pray that I get home early enough to run and that I have the energy! Maybe my hubby will join me :) Tonight my lesson is on What a Friend We have in Jesus! I can't wait to share with you.

1 comment:

  1. How about you wear your workout clothes to church and we go for a run thru town afterwards?? Let me knowwww! I haven't ran in a few days b/c it has been OH SO HOT! Been gettin it on "lippy" (yeah, that's what I've started calling my elliptical :) )

    And btw, please tell your hubs that livermush is delish however, livermush in the microwave is DISGUSTING and I do believe makes me want to throw up in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete