Monday, July 18, 2011

Michael we are going to be RICH!

Here is the weekend in review:

Friday: Pot Party=FUN=WE GOT TOWNCRAFT COOKWARE!
Saturday: Breakfast, Clean House & Tractor Pull
Sunday: Church, Sunday Lunch at Pat & Hamps, Dinner with the Threatts & the Hummingbird Moth

Zach & I hosted another Towncraft Party & it was really fun! We decided to purchase the cookware!
I have mastered the omelet pan, however, the rest of the pots/pans simply SCARE ME!
Tonight's dinner will be from my new pots & I'm pretty excited and scared to try them out! I think we made a great investment considering the lifetime warranty...but to give up my Calphalon is a nightmare!
I'm not sure what I will make tonight but hopefully it will be great!

For the fear of boring you beyond words I will skip to the fun events of last night! Here you will learn why the post is called "Michael we are going to be rich!"
While at Mom & Dads, Zach and I were watching the Medlock Midgets on all their toys, Michael & Morgan on the Ripster (I think that's its but its basically a two-wheeled skateboard), Mason on the scooter, Marissa on a bike with training wheels. There were several times last night that Michael, Mason & Marissa wiped out...sometimes we have heart failure watching these kids.

Mom has these amazing yellow flowers that only bloom at sun down. During the summer we always stand watching and waiting for those flowers to burst open. While playing by the bush last night a hug "something" came flying around the bush. Zach said it was a hummingbird and I totally disagreed. It looked mean like a bug! The more we watched we saw that it had wings like a moth and a really long needle nose! Michael and I thought we had discovered a new crossbreed! We captured the 'thing' and studied it a little more...realizing the needle only came out during pollination, it had an antenna, and it made a humming sound! Haha, sadly enough, this insect has already been discovered and I'm sure most of you are familiar with the Hemaris Thysbe, also known as, the hummingbird moth. For those of who are like me and have never heard/seen this before here is what it looks like:


Its rather strange looking isn't it? Anyone else had these in their yard?

1 comment:

  1. You are to funny medlock midgets love it I learned something thanks

    ReplyDelete