Friday, July 8, 2011

My very first blog :)

"Love...Love will keep us together..." Do you recall this song? Its a great idea but unfortunately its false...love isn't enough. Yes I love my husband a great deal but the emotion of butterflies & fireworks are not going to keep us together. We as a couple understand that yes we love each other dearly and to make our marriage work we must remember its about the covenant you make with God and your spouse. Covenant: a binding agreement, contract, or pact between two or more people.

I recently got married, May 21, 2011. Since then I have been inspired to blog about our first year of marriage. I do plan to give some behind the scenes details about what goes on in the Autry household and this blog is to discuss our first year of married life, but there is another purpose as well.


My dearest, Zach, is a lineman.  He is great at his job, he loves what he is doing and he is a provider! Zach also works with a bunch of other married, divorced and single men. The first couple weeks into our marriage Zach was telling his buddies about my cooking abilities. Yes, I have made my man breakfast or dinner everyday since we have been married (except for on the honeymoon of course :) ). If its been good every meal; I'm not sure, but I'm getting food on the table either way.

If you are reading this I'm sure your first reaction is, "well that wont last too much longer." Well guess what?  We've heard that one before.  We hear it all the time! Just like during our entire engagement; up until we said "i do" we heard "you can still run" "are you sure you want to do this?" Since I don't like to hear "I can't" & "You wont." I have challenged myself to prove all of those naysayers wrong!

I vow to continue to prepare at least one meal everyday for my husband.  Now these aren't all going to be 5 star fine dining meals, everynow and then it may be a hotdog or sandwich. However, the point is that I will be engaging in an act of service to my husband.  I will be showing him love in a way that he understands.  Zach told me a couple weeks ago the top three things he needed from me: To Cook, to Clean & to frequently engage in the gift God has given us as a married couple :D! So here I am trying to accomplish the "To Cook" part.

I know cooking one meal a day does not sound that difficult but I figure if its not that difficult then  everyone would do it! I don't always want to get up when Zach gets ready for work. There are days that I would like to stay snuggled in bed rather than in the kitchen beatin' eggs and fixing bacon. So I hope you enjoy the blog. I hope that it motivates, inspires or at the very least makes you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment